What is a Vibrator?
So you're looking for a vibrator? Read on to discover your perfect suitor amongst the seemingly overwhelming menagerie of movers and shakers available.
From strap-ons and wands to butterflies and bullets, vibrators come in all different shapes, materials, sizes, and strengths. Each one waiting to deliver an impressive array of mind-blowing sensations to rock your world.
Whether you are in the market for your first toy for solo play, a partner pleaser for foreplay, or something a little special to stimulate that (as yet) unexplored sweet-spot, then let our vibrator guide lead the way.
What is a Vibrator?
The definition of a vibrator is ‘a type of sex toy device that’s used for masturbation or during sex. It stimulates the body using vibrations and can be used internally or externally, depending on the type of vibrator’.
Why do People Use Vibrators?
Vibrators don't 'just' greatly enhance solo and mutual pleasure. They can also help you to...
- Achieve more powerful solo orgasms
- Have better sex with a partner
- Reach and stimulate all your hot spots
- Have fun!
- Enhance and optimize sexual happiness
Different Types of Vibrators
A bullet vibrator is the most popular choice for a first sex toy and is ideal for couples. These miniature vibrators are built for precision and their name comes from their resemblance to spitzer bullets in size and shape.
- Small size offers direct and intense clitoral stimulation
- Ideal for use while having penetrative sex without causing obstruction to either partner
- 2-3 inches they're perfect for popping in your handbag for on-the-go
Also known as strap-on vibrators, these vibes are worn a bit like you would wear a pair of panties to give hands-free vibrating stimulation directly to your clitoris. Butterfly vibrators get their name from the shape of the clitoral stimulator which is shaped like a butterfly with its wings spread.
- Can provide external stimulation during penetration with a partner
- Some butterfly vibrators also have an insertable shaft to offer simultaneous internal and external stimulation
- Leaves hands-free to play with other areas
Classic vibrators offer an insertable phallic shape in a discreet style. They can be used for direct clitoral stimulation but are designed primarily for insertion.
- Often multi-speed with mild-to-intense vibrations
- Range in price from affordable to high end
- Come in a variety of materials for varied sensations
The term ‘clitoral vibrator’ refers to any vibrator designed with stimulating the clitoris as its main aim.
- Tailored for direct clitoral stimulation, they offer shapes from a simple point-like tip to a cup that surrounds the clitoris
- Often larger than bullet vibrators to accommodate bigger motors for more power
- Stimulate a larger area, making them great for grinding up against
Finger vibrators are usually tiny bullet vibrators mounted in a textured sleeve that can be worn as a ring or simply slide over your fingertip to offer you the best possible control over your pleasure.
- Can be worn by you or your partner to enhance foreplay or penetrative sex
- Allow clitoral stimulation without having to hold onto a separate toy
- Come in a variety of shapes and styles offering varying functions from single speed to pattern-tastic
These curvy vibes are designed to stimulate the most sensitive part of the vagina - the G-spot - during penetration. G-spot vibrators usually feature an upward curve and a girthy head to ensure maximum stimulation for this sensitive spot.
- G-spot stimulation is associated with female ejaculation or squirting
- Come with many different speed settings and functions for intense internal thrills
- Can come with added clitoral stimulators for an exquisitely blended orgasm
These flexible, squishy vibrators are made from the classic sex toy material jelly rubber. Jelly vibrators often brightly colored with pink being the most common color.
- Jelly rubber is easy to maintain, durable, and easily molded
- Jelly is less expensive than other sex toy materials
- Often come at a lower price point
If you want the best in sex toy technology and the best sex toy materials then opt for one of our luxury vibrators. These sleek sex toys are designed to look and feel incredible and are often purchased to replace a cheaper vibrator as an upgrade.
- Often made from more expensive material which has better durability
- Many are rechargeable so you don't have to worry about expensive batteries
- Many have improved functionality and can offer more thrilling patterns of vibration
Magic Wand Vibrators
These vibrators were originally marketed to be used to relieve back and neck pain but make incredible clitoral stimulators, a discovery that boosted sales of this kind of vibrator the world over. Magic wand vibrators boast some of the most powerful vibrations sex toys have to offer.
- Hold some of the most powerful motors for intense stimulation
- Can be powered by mains or rechargeable for ease of use
- Compatible with lots of specifically designed attachments for transmitting internal vibrations
Small and sensual, mini vibrators are perfect for first-time users and sex toy beginners.
- Small but perfectly formed, mini vibrators offer pinpoint accuracy
- Ideal for clitoral stimulation and shallow penetration
- Often less expensive and less intimidating which is great for those starting out with sex toys
The all-singing, all-dancing vibrator. Rabbit vibrators come in a variety of styles but they all have one thing in common - a clitoral stimulator that branches away from the main shaft, allowing for simultaneous clitoral and internal stimulation.
- Offer dual stimulation for that blissful blended orgasm
- Many contain a special motor in the upper shaft that allows the tip of the toy to spin in circles, rock from side to side or thrust upward to better simulate the sensations of penetrative sex
- Multiple motors mean sensational stimulation from every part of the toy
Realistic Dildo Vibrators
These realistic sex toys are shaped to anatomically resemble a man’s penis. Once a cast has been taken, the toy is molded with a vibrating motor placed in the center, creating a perfect replica of a penis that also vibrates.
- A multitude of sizes from Average Joe to Super-King Simon (not actual name)
- Most have different thrilling speeds and patterns
- Those with textured balls offer a great addition of external stimulation
Remote Control Vibrators
If you struggle with wired sex toys or want to make your play a little more public then remote control vibrators are great fun. Choose from vibrating panties and bullets that slide into your underwear or an insertable vibrating love egg.
- An exciting addition to foreplay
- Most offer a huge range of speeds and patterns
- Great for couples who enjoy power play
Vibrating Love Eggs
A vibrating love egg is an insertable toy that has similar sizes and shapes to Kegel exercisers but they have a vibrating motor nestled inside instead of weights.
- Some have a wired controller whereas others operate via remote control, allowing you to discreetly indulge in a little public play
- Designed to nestle against the G-spot, delivering vibrating speeds and patterns directly to your most sensitive internal pleasure point
- Perfect for letting your lover take control
These are just like your usual strap-on dildos but they feature a vibrating motor to intensify the experience for both partners.
- Some include an internal vibrator for the wearer, making sharing the pleasure of a strap-on even better
- Range in sizes for different thrilling filling sensations
- A variety of harness styles for comfort and sensuality
Waterproof vibrators are suitable for use in the bath, shower, pool, and hot tub, making them ideal for holiday fun and bathroom romps.
- Really easy to clean as you can fully immerse the vibe in a sink of hot water when it's time to clean up
- Great for adding adventure to your aquatic play
- Waterproof versions of all types of vibrator means you can experiment with different styles